Welcome to the Pharmacy Council of New South Wales
The Pharmacy Council of New South Wales (NSW) is a statutory body that was
established in July 2010 under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW).
The Council manages complaints and notifications about the conduct, performance or health of
Pharmacy practitioners and students.
This site provides information on:
- the role, functions, activities and membership of the Council
- how to make a complaint and the complaints and notification management processes
- the role and functions of the agencies involved in the complaint process and links to their websites
- the adjudicating bodies involved in complaints management - Panels, Committees and Tribunals
- a link to the Pharmacy Board of Australia website for information on the standards, codes of conduct and guidelines that apply to practitioners
- links to other relevant websites
- frequently asked questions (FAQs).
The Pharmacy Council is not responsible for the registration of health practitioners or students. All registration matters for NSW are managed by the NSW office of the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA):
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
680 George Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Telephone: 1300 419 495
If you have a complaint regarding a health professional outside of NSW, please contact AHPRA at the above address.
All complaints MUST be in writing.